Statistics Server supports three different Watch types. They
provide an easy way to measure inbound IP traffic, page
impressions and Web advertising click throughs in detail.
IP Watches are used to watch any IP Address or range of IP
Addresses that visit the Web Site. Complete user sessions for
anyone from a specific IP or IP range can be logged. Use to:
- Keep an eye on what your competitors are looking at when
they come to your site.
- Gather detailed information on a malicious user from a
specific IP address.
URL Watches are used to track how often a particular URL, CGI
gateway or resource on the Web site is accessed. The IP Address
of every user who requests the resource can be logged. Use to:
Click Thru Watches
- Keep track of the number of impressions a banner
advertisement on your Web site generates.
- See what companies are downloading a specific file on your
Click Thru Watches are used to measure inbound or outbound
click throughs. This is most often used to watch advertising
being sold or purchased. They can also be used to track any link
within the Web site. Use to:
- Track how many people are still using your old Web site to
access your new site.
- Measure how often a link on another Web site sends traffic
to your site (requires modification of the URL on the other