What Is FrontPage?
Microsoft is the creator of Frontpage. Frontpage is a website
authoring tool and website management tool. It helps create & generates web
pages by writing the HTML code for you.
What Are FrontPage Server Extensions?
They are a set of server-side applications that
enable you to incorporate the following advanced features without having
to write the complex server-side programs typically required.
Do You Offer Frontpage Server Extensions & Are
Yes to both questions. Final Host offers Frontpage server extensions, we
support versions: 1997 until recent, included in all hosting plans; if required.
How Much Does Frontpage Cost And Where Can I Purchase A Copy?
Frontpage at the time of writing this FAQ is around, $199.00 US Upgrade:
$109.00 US. You can purchase a copy from any reputable computer store i.e:
Future Shop, Staples etc.. or you can buy a copy on line from Microsoft: http://www.microsoft.com/office/frontpage/howtobuy/default.mspx
How can I determine the version of FrontPage Server Extensions running on my server?
First, open the live version of your Web in FrontPage and choose Web
Settings from the Tools menu. The version number appears on the General
tab. Example: 188.8.131.5217
If the first digit is 3, you have the FrontPage 98 extensions installed.
If it's 4, you're running the FrontPage 2000 extensions.
If it's 5, you have the FrontPage 2002 extensions.
How do I use FrontPage to publish my website?
Before you can publish an html file to your web site with FrontPage, you must either have a page already created, or create a page. To create a page with FrontPage, follow these simple steps:
1. With FrontPage open, choose File --> New
2. Type in "This is a simple test."
3. From the menu bar, choose File --> Save As
4. Name the html file. (If this file is to be your homepage, be sure to name it index.html)
5. Once you have saved the file to your hard drive, you are ready to publish the file.
Now to Publish Your Web Page
1. From the menu bar, choose File --> Publish Web
2. Click on the "Options" button.
3. In box below, specify the location to publish your site: Enter the full URL for your site (http://www.mydomain.com/ but obviously you will have to put your real domain name instead of
4. If this is the first time you are publishing your site, select "Publish all pages"
5. Select "Include Subwebs".
6. Click the "Publish" button.
7. Enter your hosting account username and password.
8. Click "Done". If you have entered all the details correctly, FrontPage will then publish your site.
Do You Provide Microsoft FrontPage Technical Support?
Because of Microsoft policies, we are not allowed to provide technical support for the FrontPage client. We can only verify that the FrontPage server extensions are working
correctly. However, we have provided you with the following information as a courtesy:
we do provide information on Frontpage with graphical tutorials, documents and
how to within our members
area on how to use Frontpage.
Below is a link to MS frontpage support center:
Should you need further assistance with FrontPage please visit http://support.microsoft.com/?scid=ph;en-us;1901
How do I connect to my site with FrontPage?
1. Make sure you have / requested FrontPage Extensions on your account.
2. Open FrontPage, and then under the "File" menu, select "Open Web…"
3. For "Folder Name", type in your URL (eg: http://yourdomain.com)
4. Click "Open"
5. Type in your Username and Password
6. Click "OK"
What are Webbots?
Web Bots are small scriptlets that function like CGI scripts. But they
are for FrontPage only. In order to use them, your server must have
FrontPage extensions installed. Final Host supports these extensions.
How do I use Webbots?
To add WebBots to your site, open the site that you will add them to in the FrontPage Editor.
Select, from the INSERT menu, FrontPage Component... a box will popup containing all of the available webbots.
Simply double click on the bot that you want to add and it will either be added automatically or a wizard will appear guiding you through the setup process.
NOTE: Forms that are processed with encrypted SSL should not be handled by webbots.
Can I use FTP as well as FrontPage to manage my site?
No. If you use FTP (such as WS_FTP) to upload files to the server when
FrontPage extensions are installed may corrupt the server extensions, disabling
the interactive features available with FrontPage.